Recruitment for: Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union Chief Executive Officer
The Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to lead the development of Rugby in our vibrant Union. The position is based in Gisborne and offers the applicant the opportunity to enjoy the many varied cultural and recreational pursuits this region has to offer.
Our Values are our foundation. As CEO, you will be tasked with upholding and promoting our Values: Be Passionate; Play Fair; Be Welcoming and Be our Best. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships, growing participation, ongoing financial sustainability and delivering Rugby and its associated events across the region. This includes implementing strategic initiatives to directly deliver exciting rugby experiences and providing support to our stakeholders.
To be successful in the role, you will demonstrate:
- Success in a senior management role,
- An ability to engage key stakeholders including clubs, participants, community, funders, sponsors, NZ Rugby, local authorities, and the local community,
- Proven experience in managing and building the capability of staff to achieve,
- Strategic and business planning skills,
- Proven financial management,
- Exceptional communication skills,
- Proven time management skills,
- An ability to build and maintain positive relationships,
- Experience in working with leading people or groups.
If you think you have what it takes and would like to join us to ensure Rugby continues to play a vital part in the Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union community, then we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate must have a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions and Police Vetting check, and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
All applications should include a covering letter and CV and reference to Chairman Hayden Swann, email email@example.com Applications close 4pm Friday 5th August 2022.