REGISTER HERE to Referee in 2021 https://www.sporty.co.nz/pbrra
See flyer below for information on our Introduction to REFEREE Course being held on 28th April 2021, 6pm at Referees Club Rooms, Rugby Park – Gisborne
BECOME A REFEREE
- Be in the game – experience the action and excitement of rugby
- Become faster, better, stronger & fitter
- Develop life skills: quick thinking, people management, leadership
- Challenge yourself physically and mentally
- From grassroots to high performance – be the best you can be
POVERTY BAY RUGBY REFEREES ASSOCIATION
PBRRA was founded in 1904 and is the longest running referee’s association on the East Coast.
We officiate all local Poverty Bay rugby competitions and various games around the country. PBRRA are dedicated to developing young, up and coming referees via interchanges to other districts and providing a potential career path. We have connections with Ngati-Porou East Coast, North Harbour, Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay and Wellington rugby referee’s associations.
We also welcome and take the time to look after everyone at our association.
We believe that refereeing is for anyone and everyone. Anyone from ex-players to people totally new to rugby are most welcome.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
From March through to August the PBRRA meet weekly during the season. These meetings feature several Training & Development sessions, presentations, workshops and fitness sessions to ensure every referee is kept up to speed with the modern game. Meetings are facilitated by Referee Education Officer Miah Nikora with the utilization of our experienced referees, National Referee Squad member Damien MacPherson, referee coaches and Poverty Bay Heartland Coaches
Meetings are held at the PBRRA Clubrooms at More FM Rugby Park, 6pm Monday evenings.
Content of sessions will be posted weekly on the PBRRA Facebook page
- Rugby Smart: A compulsory workshop for ALL coaches and referees hosted by the PBRFU on behalf of New Zealand Rugby and ACC. This session includes the important safety aspects of the game and is a compulsory course for coaches and referees.
- Introduction to Referee Course: This course is for people new to refereeing. This is a foundation referee course and covers areas such as tackle/ruck, lineout, scrum and management.
- Blue Card: Referees who are involved in community rugby down to 1st XV will undergo Blue Card training before the start of the season. This gives referees the right to issue a Blue Card if they suspect a player has a concussion. The PBRFU will then assist that player and the club with the return-to-play protocol.
Rugby Law Resources
- 2021 World Rugby Laws http://www.laws.worldrugby.org/
- 2021 Community Game Priorities
- Current NZ Domestic Safety Law Variations (DSLV)
For more information on anything refereeing contact Poverty Referee Education Officer Miah Nikora on 0275957056 or email@example.com
REFEREE REPORT FORMS