Recruitment for: Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union Finance and Events Manager
Part-time position — 20/30 hours
The Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to oversee all financial processes for Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union. The position is based in Gisborne and offers the applicant the opportunity to enjoy the many varied cultural and recreational pursuits this region has to offer.
Our Values are our foundation. As Finance Manager, you will be tasked with upholding and promoting our Values: Be Passionate; Play Fair; Be Welcoming and Be our Best. You will be responsible for managing day to day accounting administration, effectively manage all payroll functions, furnish monthly financial reports, provide financial data and advice to Union CEO, oversee and manage the Unions funding applications, ensure all tax, PAYE, GST, ACC and audit obligations are met.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Previous experience in an accounting role.
- Previous experience dealing with Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable
- Previous experience in payroll activities and processes.
- Thorough understanding of audit and legislative requirements.
- Proficient in XERO Accounting software.
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- An ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service
If you think you have what it takes and would like to join us to ensure Rugby continues to play a vital part in the Poverty Bay Rugby Football Union community, then we want to hear from you.
The ideal candidate must have a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions and Police Vetting check, and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
All applications should include a covering letter and CV and
reference to CEO Ray Noble, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4pm Friday 4th November 2022.